Power to the People of Iran



Hello...
..and welcome to eeeGadgets! This blog is dedicated to everything associated with the wide (and interesting) field of mobile computing. The main focus is on presenting all the various hardware modifications I made to my eeePC, but I will also give short reviews of other interesting Mobile Internet Devices I come across. Further I want to share some tips and tricks I found out to be helpful in getting the most performance out of Ubuntu linux...
On the right side under "LABELS" you can navigate between various assorted article categories. Also, on the very bottom of the site you will find some useful weblinks, as well as a small broadband connection speed test (which can be very useful sometimes).
If you want to, you can subscribe to my RSS news feed too, to be always up to date about my latest articles - simply click on "subscribe now!" in the little box on the right side. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my simple email newsletter by clicking here.
For questions, feedback, suggestions, criticism and everything else, don't hesitate to contact me:
emailfuerdennis@web.de

....have fun reading!

If you like my site and want to support me , you can always donate to my personal "coffee funds" using the PayPal "donate" button further down on the right! :)
Dennis

Friday, May 8, 2009

"Viliv S5 Premium Air MID": premium UMPC with GPS?

Now Viliv is jumping on the UMPC train too: since several weeks the long-announced "VILIV S5 MID" is available in several configurations. The "Premium Air" version sports a 16GB SSD, 4.8" touchscreen LCD with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels, and full 3G/HSDPA functionality - whereas the "normal" versions come equipped with 30 or 60 GByte 1.8" HDD instead, 800x480 LCD only, and no wireless broadband at all.
Both models have the same 24Wh battery, allowing for 5-6 hours of continuous use, and are available with either WinXP, Vista or Linux (unspecified distro) preinstalled, both weigh around 380 grams and have 802.11 b/g wifi, bluetooth 2.0 and external video connectors (for VGA, S-Video and Composite-video cables!), the whole controlled by a "Silverthorne" Intel Atom clocked at 1.33GHz and supported by 1GB RAM. Graphics are rendered by the GMA500 chipset. Also common to both models is a built-in GPS for easy on-the-road navigation. Prices starting at 599$ for the basic version. Design looks mature. I think I'd want such a thing if it wasn't for the small display..

No comments:


Broadband Connection Test:

Just click on "Speedtest starten" to evaluate your actual downlink in MBit/sec (takes 10 seconds approx.)


(c) dsl-speed-messung.de - DSL Speed Test