Power to the People of Iran



Hello...
..and welcome to eeeGadgets! This blog is dedicated to everything associated with the wide (and interesting) field of mobile computing. The main focus is on presenting all the various hardware modifications I made to my eeePC, but I will also give short reviews of other interesting Mobile Internet Devices I come across. Further I want to share some tips and tricks I found out to be helpful in getting the most performance out of Ubuntu linux...
On the right side under "LABELS" you can navigate between various assorted article categories. Also, on the very bottom of the site you will find some useful weblinks, as well as a small broadband connection speed test (which can be very useful sometimes).
If you want to, you can subscribe to my RSS news feed too, to be always up to date about my latest articles - simply click on "subscribe now!" in the little box on the right side. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my simple email newsletter by clicking here.
For questions, feedback, suggestions, criticism and everything else, don't hesitate to contact me:
emailfuerdennis@web.de

....have fun reading!

If you like my site and want to support me , you can always donate to my personal "coffee funds" using the PayPal "donate" button further down on the right! :)
Dennis

Monday, March 16, 2009

Aigo P8888W linux MID

This is one of my favorite MIDs - the AigoP8888. I simply love this design, easy and functional. It comes equipped with HSDPA, 802.11b/g wifi and bluetooth v2.0, two cameras (3.0/0.3MP), 24bit high fidelity audio, 4.8inch "slide" touchsreen at a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels covering a full QWERTY keyboard (the keys are just a bit too small for real ten-finger typing), further is has a microSD-card slot, spare USB2.0 jack, an optional GPS connector, and the operating system (linux, you probably guessed it by the name already) is stored on a 4GB SSD and runs on an Intel ATOM clocked down to 800MHz, assisted by a single 512MB DDRII 400MHz RAM module.
This all really fits into a device measuring only 150 x 80 x 22 mm, at a battle weight of just 300 grams. You can rest assured it will NOT make your pocket become baggy if you carry this baby with you...
..theres just one minor downside to it, and thats the cost of more than 700 eur at present time!

No comments:


Broadband Connection Test:

Just click on "Speedtest starten" to evaluate your actual downlink in MBit/sec (takes 10 seconds approx.)


(c) dsl-speed-messung.de - DSL Speed Test