Power to the People of Iran



Hello...
..and welcome to eeeGadgets! This blog is dedicated to everything associated with the wide (and interesting) field of mobile computing. The main focus is on presenting all the various hardware modifications I made to my eeePC, but I will also give short reviews of other interesting Mobile Internet Devices I come across. Further I want to share some tips and tricks I found out to be helpful in getting the most performance out of Ubuntu linux...
On the right side under "LABELS" you can navigate between various assorted article categories. Also, on the very bottom of the site you will find some useful weblinks, as well as a small broadband connection speed test (which can be very useful sometimes).
If you want to, you can subscribe to my RSS news feed too, to be always up to date about my latest articles - simply click on "subscribe now!" in the little box on the right side. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my simple email newsletter by clicking here.
For questions, feedback, suggestions, criticism and everything else, don't hesitate to contact me:
emailfuerdennis@web.de

....have fun reading!

If you like my site and want to support me , you can always donate to my personal "coffee funds" using the PayPal "donate" button further down on the right! :)
Dennis

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fujitsu U2010: tiny convertible netbook with GPS

This is another example for gadgets that will probably never make it to the european market, so considering that you'd need to buy it from asia anyway, I think I can just as well report about the korean version here - of course its sold in other asian countries too, but to my knowledge it is available with GPS only in korea, so this model indeed has its advantages. According to Fujitsu Korea, their model has a Sirf3-GPS-chipset and further it differs in other components too from the taiwanese and japanese models, namely being only available with a 120GB hard disk or 64GB solid state disk as the only storage options. Everything else is pretty similar to all other countrie's types of the U2010 for korean buyers: Intel Atom Z530 running at 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 5.6" touchscreen LCD with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels (convertible for tablet mode), 3.5G wireless broadband, 802.11a/b/g/n wifi and bluetooth, the package is rounded by a biometric fingerprint reader and 1.3MP webcam. Estimated price is 1300$US for the harddisk version and 2200$US (!) for the SSD version, making this an expensive gadget to own.


But a nice one (at a weight of a mere 600 grams, that is), and furthermore a true handheld device too. Most probably perfect for geocaching (especially with the also available extended battery pack for up to 11h run time - in this case giving "run time" a completely new meaning, lol) or just as a versatile navigation device for your car, if you can spend the money. And of course its a fully usable mobile personal computer too, with great web browsing capabilities. Only eBook reading might become difficult with longer texts, due to the screen size which is just a bit too small.

(donations made to my paypal account in a heigth of 1300$ are guaranteed by me to be transferred immediately into ownership of such a device)

No comments:


Broadband Connection Test:

Just click on "Speedtest starten" to evaluate your actual downlink in MBit/sec (takes 10 seconds approx.)


(c) dsl-speed-messung.de - DSL Speed Test